As of March 2014 I do not have an asthma plan in which I can increase my meds myself, but here is what I do in each zone:
- When peak flow is above 320
- I can do all activities without asthma symptoms
- I have no or minimal symptoms during day or night
Continue taking medications as normal:
- Flutiform 125/5 – 2 puffs BID
- Ventolin – when ever I need it
Upper yellow zone:
- Peak flow is between 280 and 240
- I need to use my ventolin more than once a day
- I have problems sleeping because of asthma
- Swap to Flutiform 125/5 3-4 puffs BID and use ventolin to deal with the symptoms.
Lower yellow zone:
- Peak flow is between 200 and 280
- I need my ventolin every 4 hours
- I have symptoms all the time
- Increase Flutiform 125/5 to 4 puffs BID and see asthma nurse/GP if peak flow falls below 240. Use Ventolin to deal with Symptoms.
- Peak flow is 200 or below
- Ventolin is not helping
- Symptoms get worse
- Too breathless to speak
- TAKE VENTOLIN AND GO STRAIGHT TO THE HOSPITAL!